Monday, June 27, 2011

The Decision

What is the one thing you've always wanted to do but never accomplished?  Is it starting a band...auditioning for a play...or maybe even opening a cupcake baking business?  These dreams always seem so far off and no matter what, they are always put on the back burner. Well that dream for me has been photography for quite awhile now.  It started as it usually does with the love of snapping pictures of those around me and blossomed once I got to know more about the profession.  And so as I said before, it became one of those dreams.  The dreams that we want all of our lives but can't ever seem to grasp.  Time went by, and every once in a blue moon, I'd look online for cameras and say, "I'm going to do this soon."  That never happened.  Money and time were always spent elsewhere as it has a way of doing.  It wasn't until May of 2011 that I finally put my foot down.  I'm not quite sure what propelled me into action, but I think it was the fact that outside of work and my relationship, I had nothing for myself.  My hobby has always been reading, but that's become such a part of who I am that I don't even consider it a hobby anymore.  So, I made the decision.  It was now or never!

I began my search for a camera.  I immediately made the decision not to buy a brand new one because I had zero knowledge of DSLR cameras, and it was obvious that for now, I just needed something to learn on. So, I went to Craigslist.  My fallback site for when I need to find things.  After much searching and much debating, I found my camera.  A Canon Rebel XTi for only $300.
Once it was in my hands, I knew immediately how much I had to learn.  So, this is my story..of making the leap with almost no knowledge of what I'm doing.  I'm starting from scratch, and I'm teaching myself.  I know that this is going to be one of the biggest undertakings that I've ever experienced, but I'm up for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment